In compliance with what is described in paragraph 122 of Resolution 2945 (XLIX-O/19) of the OAS General Assembly; the Inter-American Defense Board developed on April 28 the conference on Women, Peace and Security; academic event open to the public, through Zoom Platform and YouTube Channel; achieving on this occasion to have more than 1,185 registered participants and 463 spontaneous virtual attendees, who attended from 23 countries of the hemisphere and 2 from Europe.
The conference dealt with topics among which the following were highlighted:
- Presence and Role of women in military and security operations.
- The role of women in command positions.
- Inclusion of women in military training schools.
- Education and training of military women.
- Professional growth, permanence and development in the military career.
- Challenges for women in the Armed Forces and Security Forces.
The lectures were presented by distinguished diplomatic and academic ladies, representatives of international organizations and, of course, women military leaders from 10 Latin American nations, who, through their experiences, raised awareness of the challenges we face and reinforced the professional knowledge of all attendees on these issues.
The academic event complements the international activities that the IADB has been carrying out during the commemoration of its 80 years of existence, thus contributing to the strengthening of gender equity in the Armed and Security Forces of the Americas.