On July 29th, 2021, the leadership of the Inter-American Defense Board (IADB), composed of the Chairman of the Council of Delegates, Vice Admiral Alexandre Rabello de Faria; Major General James E. Taylor, Director of the Inter-American Defense College; and Colonel Matthew W. Heim, in charge of the General Directorate of the Secretariat, presented to the Committee on Hemispheric Security (CSH) of the Organization of American States (OAS), chaired by Ambassador Rita Claverie de Sciolli, the implementation of the mandates established by said hemispheric organization.
The topics presented were the following:
- Institutional memory of the work of the Conference of Defense Ministers of the Americas. (CMDA).
- Work with the Executive Secretariat for Integral Development (SEDI) of the OAS on responses to disasters.
- Simulation exercise on disaster management, disaster response and humanitarian assistance operations.
- Analysis and preparation of proposals for changes to the plan to improve the IADB’s orientation and advice to the Inter-American System in cases of disasters.
- Participation in regional and subregional conferences.
- Establishment of the inter-American voluntary fund to support the Inter-American Defense College.
- Presentation of the results of the Conference on the Hemispheric Situation and Complex Emergencies Seminar of the Inter-American Defense College.